Before talking about how to get rid of pigmentation, let’s look what pigmentation actually is.
Whenever we talk about our skincare concerns like acne flare-ups or period pimples and of course wrinkles. These problems often steal the spotlight.
As a matter of fact, we sometimes become so engrossed in beating those blemishes and fine lines that we overlook problems like hyperpigmentation and dark spots which are equally frustrating and sometimes even more.
Especially, when it comes to achieving that flawless camera-ready complexion.
Unlike most types of skin problems, pigmentation will dance on your face overnight. And this pigmentation is triggered by multiple factors.
Especially for women of color, this is a regular and a common problem. Black skin is obviously a lot more prone to pigmentation.
This is because of the increased levels of melanin that exists in our skin.
And though melanin is excellent, it can be annoying too. As for women of color getting rid of pigmentation makes it beyond difficult to treat.
The good news is that unlike the old times, the beauty industry now has far more solutions for discoloration on the market than ever before.
But before we go on and on about treating the issue, let’s first figure out what pigmentation actually is.
Also, we need to protect our skin from making it worse by finding out the reasons what causes pigmentation in the first place.
Causes Of Pigmentation
- Excessive exposure to the sun
- Skin damage from any injury
- Hormonal changes during puberty
- Improper removal of hair
- Cases of Genetic predisposition
- Some Allergic reactions
While a number of factors can result in hyperpigmentation, some simple home remedies can reverse the condition in most of the cases.
How To Get Rid Of Pigmentation
Potatoes are known to work very well on pigmented areas, like dark spots, and even blemishes.
- Take a washed and a clean potato and cut it in half.
- Add a few drops of clean water onto the cut side of the raw potato.
- Rub the potato in a circular motion and onto the affected areas.
- Wait for at least 10 minutes and then proceed to rinse the area with lukewarm water.
We all saw this coming as Lemon juice is a natural bleaching agent. Plus organic honey works as a great moisturizer too.
These two properties help fade skin pigmentation.
Moreover, Lemons are an excellent source of vitamin C which means they also contain powerful antioxidant properties that protect the skin from UV damage while lightening dark spots.
- Cut the lemon and collect its juice.
- Add honey To the lemon juice and mix well.
- Now Apply this mixture onto the affected areas of your skin.
- Wait for about 10-15 minutes.
- Finally, Wash off with lukewarm water.
Now Turmeric is commonly used as a face pack in almost every Indian households as it helps to add a radiant glow while clearing away blemishes.
It also helps maintain the pH levels of your skin and making it more radiant.
- Take a bowl and combine the ingredients, turmeric and lemon juice until you get a smooth mixture.
- Now Cleanse your skin with water and apply this mixture onto it.
- Wait for 15 minutes, no more
- Finally, Wash off with lukewarm water
Apple Cider Vinegar
It’s not a secret that the astringent properties of apple cider vinegar help restore the skin’s natural color.
This vinegar also contains beta-carotene which is known to treat the damage done to the skin by free radicals atmosphere.
Also, Apple cider vinegar is known to naturally make the skin supple and radiant, giving it a glow.
- First, you need to dilute the apple cider vinegar with water.
- then Apply the solution onto the affected areas of your skin.
- Go on and Leave the solution on for about 5 minutes.
- Rinse properly with lukewarm water.
Aloe vera is known to cleanse the skin in the best way that also without disturbing its natural pH and oil balance.
What we don’t know that It also helps in reducing dark spots and even offers protection from the damage caused by UV radiation.
- Take a bowl and combine the raw honey and aloe vera gel. Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, apply this mixture onto your skin.
- Wait for at least 20 minutes.
- Then Rinse your skin with lukewarm water.
All your hard work and skin care routine will go to a waste if you don’t follow a personal hygiene.
This is a must. You might use the best of remedies present on the earth but without proper hygiene, your skin will never be healthy.
I tell this to people often. Do not touch your face frequently and also never touch your face without washing your hands first.
Don’t bathe with extremely hot water or extremely cold water. Always Use lukewarm water instead.
My other advice would be to follow and Maintain a proper skin care routine.
Follow the routine like it is your religion and does not under any circumstances forget to exfoliate at least twice a week.
The thing is that Hyperpigmentation can really take a toll on your self-esteem if allowed.
But with this list of remedies and these tips, you are well on your way to achieving beautiful and flawless skin
If you have hyperpigmentation them please Tell us what helped you in the comments section below.